High-Speed Screw Infeed
Load Type Product Handling
- Heavy-duty, fully-welded tubular stainless steel washdown frame (IP-65 standards)
- Servo-driven timing or turning screws
- Tabletop chain-style infeed conveyor with safety tunnel
- Quick-release levers for screw changeover
- Overhead jam detect mechanism
- Corrosion-resistant nickel-plated chains
- Sealed-for-life bearings
- InsightŪ color touch screen icon-based operator interface
- Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Sanitary washdown wiring
- CE Mark
Product Infeed and Reorientation at High Speed
KW's SmartScroll provides a new twist on product infeed timing and product turning for high-speed endload cartoning lines. The innovative screws are designed to work with products that have enough rigidity and integrity to withstand accumulation in the upstream conveyors, such as frozen meal trays and bowls.
The SmartScroll accepts randomly delivered and accumulated products on a 10' VFD-driven conveyor with photosensors that control the screws' speed. Products are placed on-pitch (synced with the cartoner's PIC) -- or turned and placed on-pitch -- then placed into the open flights of the cartoner's PIC.